If you are into Restaurant business or any kind of Food Business then you may already know how much important it is for you to provide an online delivery/takeaway feature to your customers. For this need, there are many third-party services are available such as Uber Eats, GrubHub.Eat24 etc. who allow you to list your food on their website/app and take commission from you.
RestroPress would allow you to easily and efficiently build your own Food Ordering System using the ease of WordPress and RestroPress is very much customizable and easy to use. RestroPress would allow you to add your food items directly to your website from your WordPress Admin Dashboard and make modifications to it whenever you may need.
RestroPress is a completely FREE WordPress plugin which would allow you to do pretty much anything may expect from your online food ordering system. This will save you a lot of money in the long run and generate more customers by providing better service and food delivery experience to your customers.
In this article, we will learn about how easy it would be for you to get started with RestroPress and launch your own Online Food Ordering System.
First of all you need to install the RestroPress plugin from the following link and activate it.
Once you download and install the plugin you can see a new menu on your WordPress dashboard called RestroPress.
Then just navigate to RestroPress and there you can find the following options
- Food Items: Food items are the real food which is displayed on the frontend.
- Food Category: Category for your food item like Sandwiches, Burgers, Hot Dogs etc.
- Add-on Category: This works as add-on item for your food items.
- Order History: Here you can track all orders that you receive.
- Customers: You can see all your customers under this menu and their life time spending on your site.
- Reports: You can use this to see a chart of your earnings and export them if you want.
- Settings: From settings you can set different things of your ordering system such as payment gateways, email templates etc.
- Tools: It gives you different tools to update overall system.
First of all you should create your food categories like we did here and then add the products.
Once you add the food category just add the food items like I did below.
Once you are done with setting up your product then next you can go to Addon Category to setup prices for your add-on items
So, your product is ready now and it can be displayed on the frontend.
On this screen, you will see all the products created under food items and users can click on the PLUS(+) symbol to add an item to cart. If your food items contain any addons then it will ask to choose Add-ons.
After choosing the options the customers can add the item to cart and order the food.
Here the users can adjust if they wan to do pick up or delivery and choose the pickup or delivery time for their food. Once they choose the details they will go to the checkout page where they can make a payment using Paypal and order will be displayed on the system
Video Tutorial for RestroPress
As you see how easy it is now to add a Food Ordering System to your Website with just a few clicks and that too without spending a dime and not paying the third-party companies any commissions. Host your Food Ordering System by yourself. If you need some help with your Restaurant site then you can HIRE US at a very competitive price.
That's not done yet. Here is our future plans for RestroPress
- Adding almost all popular payment gateways.
- Better management of Store Hours.
- Convert your site to a Mobile App for food ordering.
- RestroPress Driver App to be used by the drivers who go to deliver the food.
- RestroPress Kitchen App to notify kitchens about the order.
- Push notifications to share promotions etc.
- Themes for RestroPress
- And much more.
You can check out the DEMO and download RestroPress directly from RestroPress Website